Samsung has launched the next iteration of one of its popular mid range smartphone Galaxy Grand. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is a major hardware upgrade compared to original Galaxy Grand. The device now sports a bit bigger screen with 5.25 inch HD (1280 x 720 resolution) TFT display compared to 5-inch WVGA (480x800p) display of previous model.
The device is now powered by 1.5GHz quad-core processor instead of 1.2GHz Cortex A9 dual-core processor making it more powerful. In terms of RAM, the device is powered by 1.5 GB of RAM instead of 1 GB. In terms of operating system, the device is powered by Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
In terms of Camera, it sports a 8 megapixel rear main camera with autofocus & LED Flash along with 1080p video support and a 2 megapixel front secondary camera.
In terms of battery, the new Grand 2 comes with 2600 mAh battery with up to 17 hours of talk time instead of 2100 mAh.
- Network: HSPA+
- Processor: Quad Core 1.2GHz
- Display: 5.25″ HD (1280 x 720) TFT
- Memory: 1.5GB (RAM) + 8GB (Internal Memory) + microSD (up to 64GB)
- Camera: 8MP AF + LED Flash / 1.9MP (HD)
- OS: Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
- Connectivity Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, BT4.0, GPS + Glonass, USB 2.0
- Sensor: Proximity, Accelerometer, Compass, Light, Hall Sensor
- Additional Features: ChatON, Samsung Hub, S Health, Group Play, S Travel, S Translator, Samsung Link, Story Album
- Dimensions: 146.8 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm, 163g
- Battery: 2,600mAh
Pricing and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Grand 2will be available in retail stores in India with a price range between Rs. 22,900 (~ $370) and Rs. 24,900 (~ $400). The final price will be revealed by Samsung in January itself.