Samsung have announced the successor to their popular mid-range device, the Galaxy Grand.
While it is not exactly a high end update on the current model, the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 will bring a few minor changes to the hardware and software aspects.The phone will run on Android 4.3 out of the box, and if Samsung continue their tradition of making mid range devices wait for a firmware update, it could take a few months before the device gets a taste of KitKat. The phone will also have Multi Window for multi-tasking. It also has Dual DIM support, and GPS with Glonass in addition to the usual 3G/Wifi connectivity options.
It will have a few of Samsung’s apps and services usually found in high end devices, such as the, Story Album, S Translator, S Travel, Sound & Shot, Samsung Hub, Group Play, Samsung Link.
Here are a few pictures of the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2:
- Operating System: Android 4.3 JellyBean
- Processor: Quad Core 1.2GHz
- Display: 5.25” (1280×720) TFT screen with 16:9 HD ratio
- Camera: 8 MegaPixel Front Camera with Auto Focus and LED Flash, 1.9 Mega Pixel HD Front Camera
- Battery: 2,600mAh battery (up to 10 hours of playback and 17 hours of calls)
- Memory: 1.5 GB RAM, 8 GB Internal Memory which can be expanded upto 64GB
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v 4.0, GPS+GLONASS
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 will be available in three colours, White, Black and Pink in select regions.
We are still waiting for information on the CPU, GPU versions, the pricing and availability the device.