The Samsung Galaxy Fold has been launched in India If you remember, Samsung announced the foldable device in February, and launched it in the US in April.
However, before it hit retail, reviewers who used the device ran into issues related to the screen protector, the display etc. The phone’s release was delayed as a result of this. Several months went by, and the company fixed the issues by redesigning the device and about two weeks ago, the Galaxy Fold went on sale in the US.
Here’s a recap of the device’s hardware.
Samsung Galaxy Fold Tech Specs
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Main display: 7.3” QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED, 4.2:3 aspect ratio
- Processor: Exynos 9820/ Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Memory: 12GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage: 512GB UFS3.0 (No MicroSD slot)
- Cover display: 4.6” HD+ Super AMOLED, 21:9 aspect ratio
- Cover camera: 10MP Selfie Camera, F/2.2 aperture
- Rear cameras: 16MP Ultra Wide Camera, F/2.2 aperture + 12MP Wide-angle Camera, Dual Pixel AF, OIS, F1.5/F2.4 variable aperture + 12MP Telephoto Camera, PDAF, OIS, F/2.4 aperture, 2X optical zoom
- Front camera: 10MP Selfie Camera, F2.2 aperture + 8MP RGB Depth Camera, F1.9 aperture
- Battery: 4,380mAh, Fast Charging compatible on wired and wireless
- Connectivity: USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 62.8×160.9×17.1 mm (folded) and 117.9×160.9×7.6 mm (unfolded)
- Weight: 276g
Samsung Galaxy Fold price in India
The Samsung Galaxy Fold has been priced at Rs. 1,64,999. The device will be available in Cosmos Black colour. Samsung is bundling in Galaxy Buds headphones in the box, and buyers also get a one time free screen replacement, one year accidental damage protection and Galaxy Fold Premier Service.
The Galaxy Fold will be available for pre-booking from October 4th and the device will start shipping from October 20th.