Is it a phone? Is it a tablet? It is the world’s first foldable phone, the Samsung Galaxy Fold is official.
The device was launched alongside the Galaxy S10 series. Here’s what you need to know about the cool new device.
The Galaxy Fold has 2 displays, one on the cover and 2 panels which fold into one larger display. The cover display is a 4.6-inch HD+ screen which has a 21:9 aspect ratio. The main foldable display is a 7.3” QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED screen with a 4.2:3 aspect ratio.
The phone is powered by a Exynos 9820 processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 in some markets), with 12GB RAM and 512GB of storage. The Galaxy Fold does not have a microSD card slot. The device runs on Android 9.0 Pie.
The phone has a camera on the cover, which is a 10MP selfie lens, with an f/2.2 aperture. The main selfie cameras are dual lenses, that comprise of a 10MP Selfie Camera, with an f/2.2 aperture. and an 8MP RGB Depth Camera with an f/1.9 aperture. The primary cameras of the Galaxy Fold are triple lenses, with a 16MP Ultra Wide Camera that has an f/2.2 aperture, a 12MP Wide-angle Camera, Dual Pixel AF, OIS which supports f1.5/F2.4 variable aperture and a 12MP Telephoto Camera, PDAF, OIS with an F/2.4 aperture and 2X optical zoom.
The Galaxy Fold is backed by a 4,380mAh battery, which supports fast charging on wired and wireless. Sadly, the Galaxy Fold does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack
Samsung Galaxy Fold Technical Specifications
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Main display: 7.3” QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED, 4.2:3 aspect ratio
- Processor: Exynos 9820/ Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Memory: 12GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage: 512GB UFS3.0 (No MicroSD slot)
- Cover display: 4.6” HD+ Super AMOLED, 21:9 aspect ratio
- Cover camera: 10MP Selfie Camera, F/2.2 aperture
- Rear cameras: 16MP Ultra Wide Camera, F/2.2 aperture + 12MP Wide-angle Camera, Dual Pixel AF, OIS, F1.5/F2.4 variable aperture + 12MP Telephoto Camera, PDAF, OIS, F/2.4 aperture, 2X optical zoom
- Front camera: 10MP Selfie Camera, F2.2 aperture + 8MP RGB Depth Camera, F1.9 aperture
- Battery: 4,380mAh, Fast Charging compatible on wired and wireless
- Connectivity: USB Type-C