Poco is set to enter the 5G market in India. The Xiaomi-owned brand has confirmed that its upcoming phone will be arriving at our shores next week.
We don’t have to wait until the Poco M3 Pro 5G, to learn about the device, since it debuted a couple of weeks ago in Europe. So, here’s a brief overview of the handset’s capabilities.
Poco M3 Pro 5G specs
- Display: 6.5-inches DotDisplay Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 1100 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 Color gamut, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 1,500:1 Contrast Ratio, DynamicSwitch display: 30Hz/50Hz/60Hz/90Hz
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core 2.2 GHz, 7nm
- GPU: ARM Mali-G57 MC2 950MHz
- Operating System: MIUI 12 based on Android 11
- Memory: 4GB/6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 + up to 512GB via dedicated microSD card
- Main Cameras: 48MP f/1.79 aperture, + 2MP macro camera f/2.4 aperture + 2MP depth sensor f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 5,000mAh, USB Type-C, 18W Fast Charging
- Audio: Hi-Res Audio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: Dual SIM Dual Standby 5g + 5G n1,n3,n7,n8,n20,n28,n38,n40,n41,n66,n77,n78, 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS: L1, Galileo: E1, Glonass: G1, Beidou, A-GPS, NFC
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 161.81 x 75.34 x 8.92mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colours: Power Black, Poco Yellow and Cool Blue
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, 360° ambient light sensors, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, IR Blaster
Here’s what the Poco M3 Pro 5G looks like in Power Black, Poco Yellow and Cool Blue colourways.
Poco M3 Pro 5G India launch date
The company took to social media to announce the Poco M3 Pro 5G India launch date, which has been set for June 8th.
Poco M3 Pro 5G expected price in India
The Poco M3 Pro 5G will be Poco’s first 5G phone in India. If we use the European price tag as a reference point, the device could be priced at around Rs. 15,000 in our Country for the 4GB/64GB variant, while the 6GB/128GB model could cost about Rs. 17,000.