Poco has announced the Poco F3 GT in India. And as expected, it is a rebranded version of the Redmi K40 Gaming edition that was launched in China.
Poco F3 GT
The GT in the moniker stands for Grand Tourer, similar to the term used in racing cars. The Poco F3 GT has a racing stripe that runs down the rear panel.
The device is equipped with a 6.67-inches AMOLED Full HD+ panel that supports a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, 120Hz refresh rate, and has a 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio. The 10-bit display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, supports 500 nits brightness, DCI-P3 colour gamut, HDR10+, and 480Hz Touch Sampling Rate. The phone flaunts a 16MP hole-punch selfie lens at the top center of the screen.
The Poco F3 GT runs on Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 on top, and is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G octa-core processor assisted by a Mali-G77 MC9 GPU, and supports VC Cooling (Vapour Chamber). The phone has 6GB/8GB of LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The handset sports a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, an Infrared sensor at the top, and features Maglev Triggers on the side for gaming. The phone is rated IP53 for dust and splash resistance.
The Poco F3 GT is backed by a 5065mAh battery that supports 67W fast charging that can charge the device from 0 to 100% in 42 minutes, over a USB Type-C port. It supports USB Power Delivery 3.0, and Quick Charge 3+. The phone has Hi-Res Stereo Speakers, that supports Dolby Atmos audio.
The main cameras on the Poco F3 GT consists of a 64 MP primary lens with an f/1.65 aperture, an 8 MP 120˚ ultra wide-angle lens that has an f/2.2 aperture, a 2 MP, f/2.4 aperture macro lens, and an RGB LED Flash.
Connectivity-wise, the phone supports 5G, 4G VoLTE mobile networks, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/, 2.4GHz/5GHz Dual band, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/A-GPS/NavIC/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS. The Poco F3 GT does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Poco F3 GT 5G Specs
- Display: 6.67-inches AMOLED Full HD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 120Hz refresh rate, 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 500 nits, 100% DCI-P3 colour gamut, HDR10+, 480Hz Touch Sampling Rate, 10-bit
- Operating System: Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1200 5G octa-core
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9, VC Cooling
- Memory: 6GB/8GBLPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Selfie Camera: 16MP
- Main Cameras: 64 MP, f/1.65 aperture + 8 MP, f/2.2 aperture, 120˚ ultra wide-angle lens + 2 MP, f/2.4 aperture macro lens, Dual LED flash
- Battery: 5065mAh, 67W fast charging (100% in 42 minutes), USB Type-C, Power Delivery 3.0, Quick Charge 3+
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Sensors: Ultrasonic distance sensor, 360° ambient light sensor, acceleration sensor, gyroscope, electronic compass, X axis linear motor, infrared remote control
- Audio: USB Type C audio, JBL stereo dual speakers
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 a/b/g/, 2.4GHz/5GHz Dual band, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/A-GPS/NavIC/GLONASS/Beidou/Galileo/QZSS
- Dimensions: 161.94 x 76.93 x 8.3 mm
- Weight: 205g
- Misc: Maglev triggers for gaming, IP53 rating for dust and splash resistance
- Colours: Predator Black or Gunmetal Silver
Poco F3 GT price in India
The Poco F3 GT price in India starts at Rs. 26 ,999 for the 6GB/128GB variant. The 8GB/128GB model costs Rs. 28,999, while the top end version with 8GB/256GB has been priced at Rs. 30,999. The phone comes in 2 colours: Predator Black or Gunmetal Silver.
Poco F3 GT launch offers in India.
The phone goes on pre-order from 24th July at 12PM, and will go on sale at 12PM on 26th July at Flipkart.com. You may avail an instant discount of Rs. 1000 off of the device’s price when purchasing the device using an ICICI Bank card.
Poco is offering a discount of Rs. 1,000 of the price of the Poco F3 GT until August 2nd, making the prices as follows.
- 6GB/128GB – Rs. 25,999
- 6GB/128GB – Rs. 27,999
- 8GB/256GB – Rs. 29 ,999
The phone’s price will be hiked by Rs. 500 on August 2nd, and the price tags will be.
- 6GB/128GB – Rs. 26,499
- 6GB/128GB – Rs. 28,499
- 8GB/256GB – Rs. 30,499
A second price hike of Rs. 500 has been scheduled for August 9th, after which the discount offer for the Poco F3 GT will end.
The Poco F3 GT will compete with the OnePlus Nord 2 5G that was launched yesterday in India and Europe.