But first, here’s what’s new in the Android version upgrade from the Oreo to Pie, as per the official announcement.
OxygenOS 9.0 Android Pie Update for OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5 official changelog:
- Updated system to Android 9 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (Available for OnePlus 5T only)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.12
- Other new features and system improvements
New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- Integrated Google Lens mode
The Android Pie Update for OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5 is about 1.8GB in size to download. The updates are being rolled out in batches, and should be available to more users in the next few days.
How to download the Android Pie Update for OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5
When we checked for the update on our OnePlus 5T in India manually, it wasn’t available.
But we used a VPN, which allowed us to get the OxygenOS 9.0 Android Pie update immediately. As you can see from the icon in the first screenshot, we used Cyberghost VPN for this. You can do the same, or use any other VPN of your choice. Just make sure to connect to a server in Canada to get the update right away.
You can disconnect the VPN once you get the update screen, and download the OTA using your regular internet connection.