Motorola has announced a new flagship phone in India as expected. The Moto Edge 40 price in India is quite surprising, as it is nearly 50% cheaper than its price in Europe.
The phone sports a 6.55-inches pOLED screen with a Full HD+ resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, a pixel density of 402 PPI. The display supports HDR10+, 8-bit, DCI-P3 colour gamut, has a 144 Hz refresh rate, 360Hz Touch rate, 1200 nits brightness. The Moto Edge 40 has a 92.7% screen-to-body ratio, and a 20:9 Aspect Ratio. The screen is home to an in-display fingerprint scanner. The selfie camera on the Moto Edge 40 is a 32 MP snapper that has an f/2.4 aperture.
The Moto Edge 40 is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 8020 processor clocked at 2.6GHz, with an Arm Mali-G77 MC9 GPU, 8 GB of LPDDR4x RAM, and 256 GB of UFS 3.1 storage. The phone runs on Android 13 out of the box. Motorola has promised to support the Moto Edge 40 with 2 Android OS Upgrades (Android 14 and Android 15), and 3 years of Security Updates (until 2026).
The handset is packed with a 4400 mAh battery that supports 68W TurboPower fast charging via a USB Type-C port, and also supports 15W Wireless Charging.
The dual camera array on the rear panel of the Moto Edge 40 comprises a 50 megapixels primary sensor that has an f/1.4 aperture, a 13 MP ultra-wide angle lens with a 120° FOV, an f/2.2 aperture, an LED Flash, and an Ambient Light Sensor. The phone supports Optical Image stabilization (OIS), 4K UHD video recording at 30 frames per second, and Full HD 1080p video recording at 60/30fps.
The smartphone has Stereo Speakers and supports Dolby Atmos output. The Moto Edge 40 does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack. The device supports the following 5G bands in India: n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n20, n28, n38, 40, n41, n66, n77 and n78. The phone supports Dual SIM cards, but only one of the slots supports a physical SIM card, the other one is an eSIM slot. Other connectivity options on the mobile include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2.4 GHz | 5 GHz, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, Glonass, and Galileo. The device measures 158.43 x 71.99 x 7.58 mm, and weighs 171g.
The Moto Edge 40 has a slew of sensors including a Proximity Sensor, an Ambient light sensor, an Accelerometer, a Gyroscope, an SAR sensor, a Sensor Hub, and a Magnetometer (e-compass. The phone has been certified for IP68 Water and Dust Resistance. It comes in a vegan leather option with a metal frame.
Moto Edge 40 specs
- Display: 6.55-inches pOLED Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 402 PPI, HDR10+, 8-bit, DCI-P3 colour gamut, 144 Hz refresh rate, 360Hz Touch rate, 1200 nits brightness, 92.7% screen-to-body ratio, 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Memory: 8 GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage: 256 GB UFS 3.1
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 8020 octa-core 2.6GHz
- GPU: Arm Mali-G77 MC9
- Operating System: Android 13, Google Assistant, 2 Android OS Upgrades + 3 years of Security Updates
- Battery: 4400mAh, 68W TurboPower fast charging, USB Type-C, 15W Wireless Charging
- Main Cameras: 50 MP f/1.4, OIS + 13 MP ultra-wide angle, 120° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash, Ambient Light Sensor, 4K UHD (30fps), Full HD 1080p at 60/30fps
- Selfie Camera: 32 MP, f/2.4 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (1 nano SIM + 1 eSIM), 5G n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n20, n28, n38, 40, n41, n66, n77 and n78, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2.4 GHz | 5 GHz, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, Glonass, Galileo
- Audio: Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 158.43 x 71.99 x 7.58 mm
- Weight: 171g
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- Sensors: Proximity Sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, SAR sensor, Sensor Hub, Magnetometer (e-compass)
- Colours: Jet Black, Reseda Green, Lunar Blue
- Rating: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
- Design: Vegan leather, Metal frame
Moto Edge 40 price in India
The Moto Edge 40 price in India has been set at Rs. 29,999 in India. The device is available for pre-order on Flipkart, and will go on sale from May 30th. The phone comes in 3 colours: Jet Black, Reseda Green and Lunar Blue.