Motorola has confirmed the Moto Edge 40 launch date in India. The flagship mobile is set to be unveiled next week in the Country.
The Lenovo-owned company debuted the device recently in Europe. The Moto Edge 40 sports a 6.5-inces Full HD+ AMOLED curved display with a 144Hz refresh rate. The screen is home to an in-display fingerprint scanner. The selfie lens on the display is a 32 megapixels snapper that supports face unlock.
The mobile is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 8020 processor has 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB of storage, and an ARM Mail G77 GPU. It runs on Android 13 out of the box. Motorola has equipped the phone with a 4400 mAh battery that supports 68W fast charging via a USB Type-C connector. The Moto Edge 40 supports 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, NFC. It does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack, and relies on Stereo Speakers for audio output.
The camera set up on the Moto Edge 40 consists of dual cameras with a 50 megapixels primary sensor, a 13 MP ultra-wide angle lens, and supports optical image stabilization (OIS). The phone has a Vegan Leather design with a metal frame, and has an IP 68 rating for water and dust resistance.
Moto Edge 40 specs
- Display: 6.55-inches pOLED Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 402 PPI, HDR10+, 8-bit, DCI-P3 colour gamut, 144 Hz refresh rate, 360Hz Touch rate, 1200 nits brightness, 92.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Memory: 8 GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage: 256 GB UFS 3.1
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 8020 octa-core
- GPU: Arm Mali-G77
- Operating System: Android 13, Google Assistant
- Battery: 4400mAh, 68W TurboPower fast charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 50 MP f/1.4, OIS + 13 MP ultra-wide angle, 120° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash, Ambient Light Sensor, 4K UHD (30fps), Full HD 1080p at 60/30fps
- Selfie Camera: 32 MP, f/2.4 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (1 nano SIM + 1 eSIM), 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2.4 GHz | 5 GHz, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, Glonass, Galileo
- Audio: Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 158.43 x 71.99 x 7.58 mm
- Weight: 171g
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- Rating: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
- Design: Vegan leather, Metal frame
Moto Edge 40 launch date in India
The Moto Edge 40 launch date has been scheduled for May 23rd, the device will be sold exclusively via Flipkart.
Motorola Edge 40 price
The Motorola Edge 40 price in Europe is €599.99, which is around Rs. 57,000. Since the price in Europe includes VAT, we can expect the Moto Edge 40 price in India to be slightly lower.