Motorola has launched the Moto Edge 40 Neo in India. The phone has a 6.5-inches pLED Curved screen at an affordable price.
The display on the Edge 40 Neo has a Full HD+ resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, supports 144Hz Refresh Rate, has a 20:9 Aspect Ratio, and is home to an in-display fingerprint reader.
The phone runs on Android 13 out of the box, and Motorola has promised to support the Moto Edge 40 Neo with 2 Android OS Upgrades (Android 14 and Android 15) and 3 years of security updates. The mobile is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 7030 processor clocked at 2.2GHz, with an IMG BXM-8-256 GPU. The device has 8GB / 12 GB of LPDDR4X RAM, and 128 GB / 256 GB of UFS 2.0 storage.
The rear camera array on the Moto Edge 40 Neo consists of a 50 megapixels primary sensor with an f/1.8 aperture, supports optical image stabilization (OIS), a 13 megapixels ultra-wide angle lens that has an f/2.22 aperture, a 120° FoV, supports Macro Vision / Depth sensing and an LED Flash. The cameras are capable of recording FullHD 1080p videos at 30 frames per second. The selfie lens on the Moto Edge 40 Neo is a 32 megapixels snapper with an f/2.45 aperture.
Motorola has packed a 5,000 mAh battery in the phone, and it supports 68W Turbopower fast charging, via a USB Type-C port. The charger can top up the phone to 50% in just 15 minutes.
Connectivity-wise, the Moto Edge 40 Neo supports 16 5G bands including the following: 5G Sub 6 n1/2/3/5/7/8/20/28/38/40/41/66/77/77 HPUE/78/78 HPUE. Other networking protocols supported by the device includes Wi-Fi ^6E, NFC, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, Glonass, and Galileo. The Moto Edge 40 Neo is rated IP68 for Water and Dust Resistance. The device weighs 170g, and measures 159.63 x 71.99 x 7.79mm.
Moto Edge 40 Neo specs
- Display: 6.5-inches Full HD+ pLED Curved, 2400 x 1080 pixels, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, In-Display Fingerprint Scanner
- Operating System: Android 13 + 2 OS Upgrade and 3 years of security updates
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 7030, 6nm process, octa-core 2.2GHz
- GPU: IMG BXM-8-256 GPU
- Memory: 8GB/ 12 GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 128 GB / 256 GB UFS 2.0
- Main Cameras: 50 MP, f/1.8 aperture, OIS + 13 MP ultra-wide angle f/2.22 aperture, 120° FoV, Macro Vision / Depth, LED Flash, FullHD 1080p at 30 fps
- Selfie Camera: 32 MP f/2.45 aperture
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 68W Turbopower fast charging, USB Type-C
- Connectivity: 5G (14 bands), 4G LTE, Dual SIM cards (Hybrid SIM slot), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4 GHz | 5 GHz | 6GHz Wi-Fi 6E Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, Glonass, Galileo, NFC
- Audio: Dual Stereo Speakers, Dual Microphones, Dolby Atmos, Moto Spatial Sound
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- Sensors: Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, SAR sensor, Sensor Hub, Mobile Hotspot, Magnetometer (e-Compass)
- Dimensions: 159.63 x 71.99 x 7.79mm
- Weight: 170g
- Design: IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
- Colours: Caneel Bay, Beauty Black, Soothing Sea
Moto Edge 40 Neo price in India
The Moto Edge 40 Neo has been priced at Rs. 23,999 in India, for the 8 GB / 128 GB version, while the 12 GB / 256 GB variant costs Rs. 25,999. It comes in 3 pantone colours with a vegan leather finish: Caneel Bay, Beauty Black, Soothing Sea.
The Moto Edge 40 Neo is temporarily available with a discount of Rs. 3,000 for a limited time, so you can get the 8GB version at Rs. 20,999 and the 12 GB variant at Rs. 22,999. The phone will be available for purchase from September 28th on Flipkart, Motorola.in. Buyers can avail an instant discount of Rs 1,000 with certain bank cards.