Moto has launched the Motorola Edge 40 in the U.K and Europe. The device is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 8020 octa-core processor, and runs on Android 13 out of the box.
The smartphone sports a 6.55-inches pOLED Full HD+ display with a 144 Hz refresh rate. The screen supports a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, has a pixel density of 402 PPI, HDR10+, 8-bit, DCI-P3 colour gamut, 360Hz Touch rate, 1200 nits brightness, and 92.7% screen-to-body ratio. The mobile has 8 GB of LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage, and an Arm Mali-G77 GPU. The device supports Google Assistant.
Moto has packed a 4400 mAh battery in the phone, which supports 68W TurboPower fast charging via a USB Type-C port. The selfie lens on the device is a 32 megapixels snapper with an f/2.4 aperture, and supports Face Unlock. The main camera array on the Moto Edge 40 consists of a 50 megapixels sensor with an f/1.4 aperture and supports Optical Image Stabilization. It is assisted by a 13 MP ultra-wide angle lens with a 120° FOV, an f/2.2 aperture, an LED Flash, and an Ambient Light Sensor. The cameras support 4K UHD video recording at 30 frames per second, and Full HD 1080p at 60/30fps.
Connectivity-wise, the Edge 40 supports Dual SIM cards (1 nano SIM + 1 eSIM), 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2.4 GHz | 5 GHz, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, Glonass, and Galileo. The Motorola Edge 40 weighs 171 g, and measures 158.43 x 71.99 x 7.58 mm. The device has Stereo Speakers that support Dolby Atmos.
The phone is equipped with an in-display fingerprint scanner, a proximity sensor, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, a gyroscope, an SAR sensor, and a Magnetometer (compass). The Motorola Edge 40 is rated IP68 for Water and Dust Resistance.
Motorola Edge 40 specs
- Display: 6.55-inches pOLED Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 402 PPI, HDR10+, 8-bit, DCI-P3 colour gamut, 144 Hz refresh rate, 360Hz Touch rate, 1200 nits brightness, 92.7% screen-to-body ratio
- Memory: 8 GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Storage: 256 GB UFS 3.1
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 8020 octa-core
- GPU: Arm Mali-G77
- Operating System: Android 13, Google Assistant
- Battery: 4400mAh, 68W TurboPower fast charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 50 MP f/1.4, OIS + 13 MP ultra-wide angle, 120° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash, Ambient Light Sensor, 4K UHD (30fps), Full HD 1080p at 60/30fps
- Selfie Camera: 32 MP, f/2.4 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (1 nano SIM + 1 eSIM), 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 2.4 GHz | 5 GHz, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, Glonass, Galileo
- Audio: Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 158.43 x 71.99 x 7.58 mm
- Weight: 171g
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock
- Sensors: Proximity Sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, SAR sensor, Magnetometer (compass)
- Colours: Eclipse Black, Nebula Green, Lunar Blue
- Rating: IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
Motorola Edge 40 price
The Lenovo-owned company has priced the Motorola Edge 40 at €599.9 in Europe and £529.99 in the UK. The device is available for purchase today in both regions. Moto recently launched the Motorola Edge 40 Pro in the U.S, so it is likely that the non-pro version could also make its way to North America.