Long awaited app on Android Microsoft Office Mobile has finally arrived on Android Platform. Microsoft has announced the Microsoft Office Mobile availability to Android Phones in US only at the moment and more countries will follow soon. If you are an existing Office 365 subscriber including Office 365 Home Premium or Office 365 ProPlus, then you can download the app from the Google Play store and activate it using your office 365 subscription.
Using the app you can access, view, and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents with Android phones.
- Recent Documents: All your recent MS office documents that you may have accessed on any device using office 365 subscription with Skydrive feature enabled, are available as recent documents.
- Email Attachments – view and edit Office documents attached to emails.
- Support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes.
- Optimized for small screen of phone.
- Resume Reading – it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading, even if you last viewed the document on your PC or tablet.
- * Presentation Views – The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
- Quick edits and share: quick edits to Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- Offline Editing
- Create new Word and Excel documents on your phone.
- Access MS Office documents stored on SkyDrive, SkyDrive Pro, or SharePoint.
As the app is yet to be released outside India, hence we are unable to test the app and share our actual feedback about it. Hopefully the MS Office Mobile app for Android will soon be available in other countries like India too and then we will share our review of the app here.