Just yesterday, Xiaomi has announced the official launch date of Mi CC9 Pro which will be their first smartphone with a Penta lens and a 108MP primary sensor. The official launch date for Mi CC9 Pro is set for November 5 at 2 PM local time in China. Yesterday, we didn’t have any details about the camera sensors of the Penta camera module but today, Xiaomi has officially revealed the sensor details.
MI CC9 Pro Camera details
As you can see from the image above, Mi CC9 Pro Penta camera module consists of the following sensors:
- a telephoto lens with 10X hybrid Zoom, 50x Digital Zoom
- 12MP portrait lens, 1.4 micro mm Pixel size, dual focus
- 108 MP primary camera with 1/1.33 inch sensor size, f/1.7 aperture
- Macro lens with 1.5cm focal length
- 20 MP wide-angle lens with 117 Degre wide panoramic view
Xiaomi is calling the 108MP sensor as 100MP effective pixel which confirms that this is the Samsung ISOCELL Bright HMX sensor announced in August this year. The announcement also revealed that Samsung ISOCELL Bright HMX is a one-of-a-kind mobile image sensor and is the result of close collaboration between Xiaomi Corp. and Samsung. It appears that Mi CC9 Pro will be the first device to include this sensor.
The announcement claimed that “Being the first mobile image sensor to adopt a large 1/1.33-inch size, the HMX can absorb more light in low-lit settings than smaller sensors and its pixel-merging Tetracell technology allows the sensor to imitate big-pixel sensors, producing brighter 27Mp images. For advanced filming, the HMX supports video recording without losses in field-of-view at resolutions up to 6K (6016 x 3384) 30-frames-per-second (fps)”.
Not much is known about the other hardware details of the device, but as per some rumours, it will be powered by a Snapdragon 730G processor. Here is a recap of hardware specifications of the standard variant of Mi CC9.
Xiaomi Mi CC9 specs
- Display: 6.39-inches FullHD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels), AMOLED waterdrop notch, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 403 PPI, 430 nits brightness, In-display fingerprint scanner
- Operating System: MIUI 10 (Android 9 Pie)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 @2.2GHz
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS2.1 + up to 256GB microSD card
- Rear Cameras: 48MP Sony f/1.79 aperture 0.8μm pixel size + 8MP ultra wide-angle + 2MP depth sensor + LED Flash, 4K video recording, slo-mo @ 960fps
- Selfie Camera: 32MP 4in1 1.6μm large pixels f/2.0 aperture + Face Unlock
- Battery: 4030 mAh + 18W Quick Charging
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Dimensions: 156.8 x 74.5 x 8.67 mm
- Weight: 179g
- Colours: White Lover, Blue Planet, and Dark Prince