LG UX 5.0 has officially been unveiled by LG Electronics.
The new version of the interface , is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and includes several new special features.
The LG UX 5.0 isn’t exclusive to LG G5, and will also be rolled out for the upcoming smartphones from the South Korean company. LG is terming the new UX as a more playful and innovative one. Let’s see what that means.
LG Friends Manager:
This application is for connecting and controlling the various accessories for the LG G5, which are called LG Friends.This application lets users download and install apps required for using the modules from the Play Store.
Additionally it displays unique options for each LG Friend. The app will show the photo previews and shooting modes, when used with the 360 CAM. The Friends Camera Album in the Gallery allows for managing and categorizing content which were captured with the 360 CAM and Rolling Bot.
- Zoom In & Out – Lets you pinch the screen to switch between the standard 78-degree lens to the 135-degree wide angle lens.
- Auto Shot – An improved Gesture shot, which now triggers a selfie as soon as the users’ face is recognized.
- Multi View – Snaps images from different angles simultaneously using the front and rear cameras of the LG G5 and the 360 CAM.
- 360 Wallpaper – Panoramic pictures which can be taken with the LG 360 CAM. These wallpapers will shift in sync with the movements of the phone.
- Pop-out Picture – Allows for a picture-in-a-frame effect, by merging photos taken simultaneously with the standard and wide angle lens.
- Film Effect – Analog filters which can be used with the Camera Preview before you capture shots.
LG UX 5.0 features:
- New Home – A new version of the launcher, which by default merges the Home Screen and the App Drawer. But you can add the app drawer by downloading the Home & App Drawer from the settings menu.
- LG Health – A new version og the app, LG Health now features an Advanced mode and a Beginner mode, depending on the user profile.
- Always-on – One of the key features of the LG G5, is the Always-on display, which shows the date, notifications and SMS icon on the screen at all times, even when the display is off.
- Smart Doctor – A performance monitor of sorts, which analyzes your usage and shows you some tips and solutions.
- World Clock – As the name suggests, it displays the current time in cities around the world.
- File Manager – A File browser which lets you jump to any file or folder, and also features a search filter to quickly find documents, videos and images stored in your phone.
- Quick Help – An answer finder which helps you understand the LG G5’s UX, and also lets you request feedback by e-mail.
- LG Backup – Uses and NFC to restore content from nearby Android phones and also record conversations from Instant Messaging apps.
- Diverse Security Method – Knock Code and fingerprint recognition are built into LG UX 5.0 for enhanced security.