As expected, LG has just made official its next flagship device LG G6 at an event at Mobile World Congress MWC 2017 in Barcelona. LG G6 departs from the previous flagship LG G6 modular design, Modular accessories & changeable battery which failed to click with consumers and G5 fared badly overall. LG G6 features a bold new display format with an unusual aspect ratio of 18:9 instead of conventional 16:9, complimented by a cinematic viewing experience, exceptional screen to body ratio, wide-angle camera and Single handed use.
The LG G6 sports a 5.7-inch QHD FullVision display with a resolution of 2,880 x 1,440 pixels and an 18:9 screen aspect ratio which offers more viewing space and immersive experience when streaming videos and playing games.
LG G6 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 and not the latest Snapdragon 835 (as rumored) and 4 GB LPDDR4 RAM. It comes with 32 GB / 64 GB UFS 2.0 internal storage along with support for expandable storage via microsd card up to 2 TB. It runs on Android 7.0 Nougat based operating system. In terms of camera, it comes with main rear camera with dual camera setup consisting of 13 MP Wide sensor with f/2.4 aperture with 125 degree wide nagle view and another 13 MP Standard snesor with OIS 2.0 having f/1.8 aperture and 71° wide view angle.
It is backed by a 3300 mAh battery along with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support for fast charge. Other features that comes with LG G6 include Water & Dust Resistant, Fingerprint Sensor, UX 6.0, Dolby Vision, HDR10 and 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC. The Google assistant is in built and you can activate it by saying “OK Google”.
It includes a G6 Game Collection promotion with in-game content with a retail value of up to a total of US$200 for six games – Temple Run 2, Spider-Man Unlimited, Crossy Road, SimCity BuildIt, Cookie Jam and Genies & Gems – on Google Play, are offered for free.
LG G6 Specifications:
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Processor
- Display: 5.7-inch 18:9 QHD+ FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 564 ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB or 64GB UFS 2.0 ROM / MicroSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Dual: 13MP Wide (F2.4 / 125°) / 13MP Standard OIS 2.0 (F1.8 / 71°)
- Front 5MP Wide (F2.2 / 100°)
- Battery: 3,300mAh (embedded)
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Size: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163 gm
- Network: LTE-A 3 Band CA
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Astro Black / Ice Platinum / Mystic White
- Other: Water and Dust Resistant / Fingerprint Sensor / UX 6.0 / Dolby Vision / HDR10 / Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 / 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC
LG has not announced the pricing details or the global availability yet. Stay tune dat Androidpure and we will keep you updated.