The Huawei Nova 5 has been partially revealed by the company ahead of the launch event. The front panel will feature a water-drop notch display.
It also mentions night time recording, which could either be a bad translation, or might be talking about a night mode for low-light selfies and videos.
The latter is very much a possibility. The Huawei Nova 5 seems to have minimal bezels running around the display. A metallic frame can be seen in the official photo, which has the power button and the volume rocker keys.
We think that the regular variant may have a smaller battery and/or display, and maybe different rear cameras than the Pro variant. So, it is likely that the Huawei Nova 5 Pro could also be equipped with a similar 32MP selfie camera.
Huawei Nova 5 Pro specs
- Display: 6.4 inches IPS Full HD+, water-drop notch
- Processor: octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 128/256GB
- Operating System: Funtouch 9 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Main Cameras: 24MP + 8MP ultra wide-angle + 2MP depth sensor + ToF, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 24MP
- Battery: 3,900 mAh
- Security: In-display fingerprint scanner
We only have to wait until June 21st, for the official confirmation, because that’s when the devices will be announced in China.