Gionee has officially launched the Pro version of its flagship phone, the S6, in India. The Gionee S6 Pro supports Virtual Reality, and with it, the Chinese OEM has debuted a new VR headset as well.
The S6 Pro flaunts a 5.5 inch Full HD 1080p IPS display, with 2.5D Curved edge, Corning Gorilla Glass. The phone runs on Amigo 3.2 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and is powered by a 64-bit MediaTek Helio P10 Octa core processor clocked at 1.8 GHz, with 4GB of RAM. The device has 64GB of internal storage, and supports up to 128GB expandable memory via microSD card.
The Camera department on the Gionee S6 Pro consists of a 13 megapixel rear camera with a Sony IMX258 sensor, an f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, and an LED Flash. The front camera on the phone is an 8 megapixel lens with an f/2.2 aperture and supports screen flash for low light selfies.
The S6 Pro sports a metallic uni-body and a 3D camberline back with an ergonomical design for a comfortable grip. The device is backed by a 3130mAh battery, and has a fingerprint scanner embedded in the home button. The phone will come in two colours: Gold and Rose Gold.
Gionee S6 Pro Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.5 inch Full HD 1080p, IPS with 2.5D Curved edge, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Processor: 64-bit MediaTek Helio P10 Octa core 1.8 GHz
- Operating System: Amigo 3.2 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB internal storage, up to 128GB expandable memory via microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, Sony IMX258 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP, f/2.2 aperture, Screen flash
- Battery: 3130mAh
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, VoLTE
The Gionee S6 Pro has been priced at Rs. 23,999 in India, and will be available from October 1st. The phone comes with a free three month subscription of Saavn Pro. The Gionee VR headset has been priced at Rs. 2,499.