As expected, Gionee has just announced Gionee M6S Plus which is an upgrade over M6 Plus. Before the official launch today, M6S Plus was already listed on Chinese Certification portal TENAA with all the technical specifications and images.Two variants of Gionee M6S Plus are launched, 1st being the 64 GB variant while the other one is the 256 GB variant. M6S Plus is priced at 3,499 yuan (~US$ 510 / Rs. 33,000) for the 64GB variant, while 256 GB variant costs 4299 yuan (~ US$ 625 / Rs. 40,000). It will be available in Ink Black color and is available for pre-order in China.
Gionee M6S Plus sports a 6 inch Full HD 1080p AMOLED display and is powered by Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor along with 6 GB of RAM. It comes with 64 GB / 256 GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage via microsd card and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow based operating system with Amigo OS 3.5 on top of it.
In terms of camera, it features a 12 MP main rear camera with dual-tone LED flash with f/1.9 aperture and a 8 MP front shooter with f/2.0 aperture. It is backed by a 6020 mAh battery along with support for fast charging and includes support for 4G LTE along with VOLTE. It includes fingerprint sensor and an encrypted chip for security. In terms of dimensions, it measures 163.3 x 80.9 x 8.25 mm and weighs 215 gms.
Gionee M6S Plus specifications
- Display : 6-inch 1080p Full HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- CPU : Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor
- GPU : Adreno 510
- RAM : 6 GB LPDDR3
- Storage : 64GB /256GB, expandable up to 256GB with micro SD
- OS : Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Amigo OS 3.5
- Misc : Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, Encrypted chip
- Camera : 12 MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm Pixel size and 8 MP front-shooter, f/2.0 aperture, 1.4um pixel size
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 80.9 x 8.25mm
- Weight: 215g
- Connectivity : 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac , Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- Battery : 6020 mAh with fast charging