Gionee has begun teasing the launch of its upcoming M6 phone on the Chinese social network Weibo. There will be two devices with that branding, i.e., the Gionee M6 and M6 Plus.
The phones which are seen to have a full metal body, does seem to be slightly thicker than its S series of devices. This can be attributed to the fact that it has a large battery, at least thats what the teaser says when it mentions super battery life. The camera does have a hump too.
The phone does look similar to one we have seen on TENAA, with the model number GN8003.
But the more important feature is that both the Gionee M6 and M6 Plus, are touted to come with a built-in security encryption chip. This is pretty unusual for a phone, but one that is likely to attract users who are concerned about the privacy and security of their devices.
Gionee M6 GN8003 Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.5 inch Full HD 1080p AMOLED
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Processor: 1.8GHz octa-core (8 cores)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB/128GB
- Battery: 5000 mAh
- Rear Camera: 13 megapixels, 4x optical zoom
- Front Camera: 8 megapixels
- Security: Fingerprint scanner (front-facing)
- Connectivity:4G LTE, WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth, USB, Radio
- Weight: 185g
- Dimensions: 152.3 x 75.3 x 8.4mm
The Gionee M6 and M6 Plus will be officially launched on July 26th, in China.