French Album producer, Kavinsky aka Vincent Belorgey has released a new game based on his latest album, Outrun.
The game has been released by Record Makers, and is named after the producer himself, Kavinsky.
The album Outrun was released earlier this year, in February and an extract of it was used in a BMW commercial.
Now coming to the game, Kavinsky is inspired from the album and lets you drive cars, have street fights and even a 16-bit pixel retro play mode. The game has Boss Fights, which suggests the gameplay will include “levels”. I am not sure if it will include a free roam mode.
The game uses permissions for the camera, using Augmented Reality technology, the bonus levels can be played with any background location you choose.
Somehow the game’s artwork, the fighting and driving reminds me of Grand Theft Auto.
- Several fight levels against shady street villains.
- Exciting Boss Fight!
- Drive Kavinsky’s emblematic car.
- Feel the speed in a race to outrun opponents.
- With the camera of your device and Augmented Reality technology, bonus levels can be played with any background location you choose.
- Awesome 16-bit pixel retro play mode.
- Game soundtrack produced by Kavinsky.
Check the video trailer below
Outrun, the album was inspired and named after Sega’s 1986 arcade game of the same name, which also featured the Ferrari Testarossa. So that is the game which inspired the album. which inspired this game. Makes sense!
You can download Kavinsky for free from:
The game’s Play Store page says it is incompatible with my nexus 7. Perhaps it is because of the Camera feature I described above.