The popular dungeon crawling roguelike, Dungelot 2 is now available for Android.
The game made it’s debut on iOS earlier this year, before being pulled by the developer, after poor feedback about aggressive IAPs.
This resulted in a delay of the Android version of the game, which along with it’s iOS counterpart was reworked to be more playable. The game returned to the iTunes store after three months. And now Dungelot 2 is available for our beloved platform too, so let’s take a look at what it has to offer.
The core gameplay is the same, you have to tap on tiles to find treasures, enemies and the key to unlock the dungeon’s door. Once your character’s health reaches zero, you die. I have played Dungelot 1 on my PC, as well as the full version on my Android devices.
So, here is what I think are the changes from Dungelot 1:
- You can carry upto 2 artifacts at once, which grants you a passive bonus or are a consumable.
- Skills can be learnt from the Temple of Knowledge that you can find on every 10th floor.
- Spells and curses now cost mana to cast.
- Unused spells can be salvaged for mana at the end of the level
- Portals let you start the game from the level they are activated.
- Stashes appear when you die, and store some of your items.
- Mercenaries: You can hire mercenaries for a price. They appear randomly in any level.
- Taverns can be found on every 5th floor, from which buy armor, mana reserves and health
- Monsters have armor, and special powers, eg: dodging attacks, calling an ally
- Totems make monsters stronger, and cost mana to be destroyed
- Elite Monsters and bosses have random powers
- Do not exit the Dungeon if you have not cleared it completely. You can find, coins, health pickups, and treasure by clearing the entire level.
- Hold your finger over the enemy or item to get more information about it.
Dungelot 2 is free to play.
[appbox googleplay com.rws.dungelot2]
Happy Dungeon Crawling!