Good news for owners of the Samsung Galaxy Grand DUOS, an official 4.2.2 update has been leaked.
And thanks to Sammobile, we have a firmware for you to download and install.
An insider from their website got to test a version of 4.2.2 on the phone and here is a list of the new features in the update:
- Transparent notification bar
- Smart Stay
- Light effect (Lockscreen)
- Page Buddy
- Day dream.
They report that the firmware is smoother and has better battery life than the 4.1.2 version.
How to flash/install the official 4.2.2 update on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos
DISCLAIMER: AndroidPure and the Author are not responsible for any damage you may incur.
This procedure may wipe all data on the phone. So take a back up of everything
You will need the following to update the firmware:
- A Windows PC with the appropriate drivers for the phone. You can get the drivers by installing Samsung KIES.
- The software updating tool: Odin. (It is also included in the firmware package)
- The 4.2.2 firmware from SamMobile.
- A USB cable.
1. Unzip the downloaded firmware zip file and extract it to any folder.
2. Open Odin 3.07 and keep it ready.
3. Turn off the phone. Bott the phone in download mode by using the key combo “Home + Power + Volume down”
4. Use the USB cable to connect the phone to your computer and wait for a blue sign in Odin.
5. Click on the buttons mentioned below in odin, navigate to the folder where you extracted the firmware and assign the following files.
- CODE_I9082XXUBMF2_871997_REV05_user_mid_noship.tar.md5 to CODE
- CSC_OXA_I9082OXABMF2_871997_REV05_user_mid_noship.tar.md5 to CSC
- MODEM_I9082XXUBMF2_REV05.tar.md5 to MODEM
- baffin.pit to PIT
6. Make sure “re-partition” option is ticked.
7. Click on Start and let it flash the firmware.
What to do in case of bootloops, or errors
You can factory reset the phone should anything go wrong
Just turn off the phone and boot it into recovery mode using the key combo: “Home+ Power + Volume Up” and selecting Factory Reset.
Thanks to SamMobile for the images and the firmware.