If you love flashing custom ROMs on your android device, here is some good news. CynogenMod 11.0 M7 based on Android 4.4.2 is now available for download for almost 40+ supported devices. If you already have a CyanogenMod rom installed on your device, you can grab it via the OTA update on your device. If not, then you can grab it from CM download servers and install it on your device (if supported). The build is considered quite stable and is ready for daily use.
CyanogenMod 11.0 M7 build comes with an overhauled theme chooser, revamped calculator app, improved performance on low memory devices having less than 512 MB RAM and bug fixes. Full change-log for M7 build is reproduced below.
- Theme Chooser UI Overhaul
- Calculator app redesign
- Performance Profiles
- Improved theming performance on low memory devices (~512MB RAM or less)
- Trebuchet: Move settings to new slide-out panel
- Trebuchet: Consolidate settings for home and drawer options
- Media: Add FFMPEG support (expanded media format support)
- Bluetooth: Improved support for new car audio systems and docks
- Various small bugfixes, global and device-specific
Android 4.4.3 source was just released last week and is only merged into CM for nightlies, but not yet in this stable M7 build. Android 4.4.3 will be merged in M8 release next month.
We would love to hear some feedback from you if you are going to install the M7 build on your devices. Do share it with us.