BlackBerry has launched a new phone in the DTEK series, called the DTEK60. The phone looks to be a rebranded TCL 950, which was launched a month ago in China.
The BlackBerry DTEK60 sports a 5.5 inch Quad HD 1440p AMOLED display with a pixel density of 534 ppi, and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow based operating system with FIPS 140-2 encryption and several of BlackBerry’s security focused apps. The device is powered by a 2.15 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with 4 GB of RAM. The phone has 64GB of internal storage, and supports upto 128GB of expandable storage via microsd card up. There is no physical keyboard, so the device instead uses the on screen BlackBerry Keyboard.
The camera department on the DTEK60 consists of a 21 megapixel rear camera with a Sony IMX230 sensor which supports PDAF (Phase Detect Auto Focus), an f/2.0 aperture, 6P lens, 4k video recording @30fps, 720p HD recording @120fps, 4x digital zoom and a dual tone LED flash. The selfie lens is an 8 megapixel front camera, with an f/2.2 aperture, an 84˚ wide angle lens, selfie flash and supports Full HD 1080p HD video recording @ 30 fps. The device comes with a USB Type-C port (2.0), and is backed by a 3000 mAh battery, which supports Quick Charge 3.0. The BlackBerry DTEK60 has a fingerprint scanner located on the back panel.
BlackBerry DTEK60 Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.5 inch Quad HD 1440p AMOLED display with a pixel density of 534 ppi
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core (MSM8996)( 2+2 Kryo 2.15GHz / 1.6GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 530, 624MHz
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB internal storage, up to 2TB expandable memory via microSD
- Rear Camera: 21 megapixels Sony IMX230, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 6P lens, 4k video @30fps, 720p video @120fps, 4x digital zoom, dual tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 megapixel, f/2.2 aperture, 84˚ wide angle lens, selfie flash, Full HD 1080p HD video @ 30 fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/n ac b/g/n, 4G LTE, FM Radio, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Glonass BeiDou, GPS, NFC
- Sensors: Accelerometer , Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient light, Hall Effect
- Security: Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.4 x 7 mm
- Weight: 165g
The BlackBerry DTEK60 has been priced at $499 (about Rs. 33,300) and is available in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and The Netherlands.
BlackbBerry’s COO, Marty Beard has said that the DTEK60 is not the last phone from the company, and that they are working with more partners.