Asus has just unveiled its next flagship device Asus Zenfone 5Z at the Mobile World Congress 2018. It comes with a notch at top of the display similar to what we have seen in iPhone X. Zenfone 5Z features a 6.2-inch Full HD+ 19:9 Super IPS display with 90% screen-to-body ratio with AI Display for auto colour temperate adjustment. Zenfone 5Z is powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor along with RAM up to 8GB. There are three variants based on RAM + ROM combination with minimum RAM of 4GB followed by 6GB and 8GB.
Zenfone 5Z is powered by Android 8.0 Oreo operating system with ZenUI 5.0 on top. In terms of camera, it features a dual camera module at rear consisting of 12-MP primary Sony IMX363 sensor with support for OIS & 0.03s Dual-pixel PDAF along with AI scene detection that can detect 16 type of scenes automatically and another 8-MP Sony IMX363 sensor with 120-degree wide-angle lens. While on the front, it features an 8-MP shooter with auto portrait and Selfie panorama modes.
It has dual speakers with five-magnets and NXP Smart amplifier. It is also the world’s first smartphone with DTS Headphone: X for 7.1-channel surround sound and comes bundled with Hi-Res Audio earphone.
ASUS Zenfone 5Z specifications
- 6.2-inch Full HD+(2246 × 1080 pixels) 19:9 2.5D curved glass Super IPS display, DCI-P3, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM, 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM, 8GB RAM + 256GB ROM, expandable up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with ZenUI 5.0, upgradable to Android P
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM with Dual VoLTE, Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock
- Main Camera: Dua Camera with 12MP sensor with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX363 sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 0.03s Tri Tech auto-focus/Dual Pixel PDAF/ 4-axis OIS/EIS, Pro mode with RAW support and secondary 8MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture, OV8856 sensor, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Front Camera: 8MP OV8856 sensor with f/2.0 aperture , 83-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual speakers with NXP 9874 Smart AMP, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24b-bit, DTS Headphone: X for 7.1 channel surround sound, dual microphones
- Dimensions: 158×75.6×7.7mm
- Weight: 155g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C (2.0)
- Battery: 3300mAh battery with fast charging and AI charging
The Asus Zenfone 5Z comes will be available in Midnight Blue and Meteor Silver colour options. The phone pricing starts at 479 Euros (~ US$ 590 / Rs. 38,000) for the standard 4GB RAM variant and will be available for sale starting June 2018.