Earlier today, we reported that Google has officially released the final Developer Preview of Android 7.0 Nougat. And you can download the same on eligible Nexus devices.
The following devices are the ones which have Android 7.0 Nougat Developer Preview 5 factory images and OTA updates available.
- Nexus 6
- Nexus 5X
- Nexus 6P
- Nexus 9
- Pixel C
- Android One (General Mobile 4G)
How to sideload the Developer Preview 5 OTA Update on a Nexus device which has Developer Preview 4:
1. Connect the phone to the PC, and enable USB debugging.
2. Shift + Right Click in the folder which has your adb.exe and select “Open command prompt here”
3. Type the following command
adb reboot bootloader
4. Now, press the volume down button, and select Recovery (use the power button).
5. Press the key combo “Power and Volume Up” to bypass the Android screen.
6. Use Volume Down to select the “apply update from ADB” and press the power button.
7. adb sideload update.zip
Update.zip should be the filename of the zip file. for e.g: shamu-ota-npd90g-06f5d23d.zip. You can rename it to something simpler like NPreview5.zip to make it easier to type.
8. Your device should now flash the update, after which you can reboot it.
Here is a screenshot of our Nexus 6 with Android N Developer Preview 5 Build NPD90G on it.