Huawei announced their latest flagships, Mate 9 and Mate 9 Porsche edition, yet seems to have skipped the Huawei Mate 9 Pro variant which was rumored to come with dual edge curved display. The company has scheduled a launch event in China tomorrow and is expected to launch the new flagship devices in China.Rumors floating on Weibo suggest that the company is planning to launch the dual edge curved display variant i.e. the Mate 9 Pro in China tomorrow.
Looking at these images, you can notice minor design changes from the existing Mate 9. The LED flash is above the dual LEICA camera module while the laser focus is at the bottom. We can clearly see a 3.5 mm audio jack too at the bottom with USB C type port with speaker grills. There is no fingerprint sensor at the back, but seems to have moved to the front and integrated to the Home button.The front looks more like Samsung Galaxy S7 edge which is odd.
Another leak suggest the following Mate 9 and its Pro variants along with respective pricing.
Mate 9 Pro will come in three variants:
- 4 GB RAM + 64 GB ROM : 4599 Yuan (~ Rs. 46,000 or $675)
- 6 GB RAM + 128 GB ROM : 5299 Yuan (~53,000 or $780)
- 6 GB RAM + 256 GB ROM: 5699 Yuan (~Rs. 57,000 or $835)
Mate 9 will also come in three variants:
- 4 GB RAM + 32 GB ROM : 3399 Yuan (~ Rs. 34,000 or $500)
- 4 GB RAM + 64 GB ROM : 3699 Yuan (~37,000 or $545)
- 6 GB RAM + 128 GB ROM: 4399 Yuan (~Rs. 44,000 or $645)
As with any other leak, take this with a pinch of salt. Stay tuned at Androidpure and we will keep you updated.