Micromax subsidiary YU has just announced a new mid-range smartphone YU Yureka Black for Indian Market which is priced at Rs. 8,999 and will be available exclusively at Flipkart starting midnight of June 5. YU Yureka Black tries to bring decent hardware specifications with 4 GB RAM, Selfie flash and fingerprint sensor at a price point below Rs. 10,000.
YU Yureka Black features a unibody metal design with 5-inch 1080p Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor along with 4 GB of RAM. It comes with 32 GB of internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow based operating system. The company promises to offer Android 7.0 Nougat upgrade soon.
In terms of camera, it features a 13 MP main rear camera with dual LED Flash, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor and another 8 MP front shooter with flash for selfies. The fingerprint sensor is embedded in the front home button which can unlock the device in 0.2 seconds. It is 8.73 mm thick and weighs 150 gm.
It is backed by a battery of 3,000 mAh without any support for fast charging. It comes in Chrome Black colour with a glossy finish and Matte Black colour with a smooth finish.
YU Yureka Black Specifications
- Display: 5-inch 1080p Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- CPU: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor
- GPU: Adreno 505
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 32 GB, expandable up to 64 GB with microSD card
- OS: Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, FM radio
- Camera: 13 MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, PDAF, Sony IMX258 sensor + 8 MP front shooter with flash
- Dimensions: 142.5 × 69.9 × 8.73 mm
- Weight: 150 gm
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB OTG
- Battery: 3000 mAh