Xiaomi is set to launch the successor of popular mid range Redmi 5 on June 12 in China as Redmi 6. The official announcement comes from Xiaomi Weibo handle which reveals the date with a big “6” in the teaser poster.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 is already certified on Chinese certification agency TENAA revealing all the specifications and design of the device. As per TENAA listing, Xiaomi Redmi 6 sports a 5.84-inch Full HD+(2280×1080 pixels) 19:9 2.5D curved glass display with a notch, powered by 2.0GHz Octa-Core processor along with 2GB / 3GB / 4GB RAM and 16GB / 32GB / 64GB internal storage along with support for expandable storage up to 256GB with microSD card. The phone runs on Android 8.1 (oreo) based operating system with MIUI on top.
In terms of camera, it features a dual camera module at rear consisting of a 12Mp primary sensor & another secondary sensor while on the front there is a 5MP snapper for selfies & video calls. It is backed by a 3900 mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 (M1805D1SE ) specifications
- 5.84-inch Full HD+(2280×1080 pixels) 19:9 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.0GHz Octa-Core processor
- 2GB / 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB / 64GB, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD), Fingerprint sensor
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash + secondary (unknown MP) rear camera
- 5MP front-shooter
- Dimensions: 149.33×71.68×8.75mm
- Weight: 178g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 3900mAh battery