Xiaomi has quietly unveiled the Redmi 5A, the successor to its popular entry-level smartphone Redmi 4A (Read Review). Even though it is the successor of Redmi 4A but if you look at the specifications of the Redmi 5A, you will not find any significant variation in terms of hardware with same Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor powering the device. Even the physical dimensions of the device remain almost same while the battery capacity is down to 3,000mAh from 3120 mAh.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A sports 5.0 -inch 720p HD display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 296 PPI, powered by 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor with Adreno 308 GPU along with 2GB of RAM. It comes with 16GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage up to 128 GB via MicroSD card and runs on Android based operating system with MIUI 9 on top of it.
In terms of camera, it comes with 13MP main rear camera, 5 lens, ƒ / 2.2 aperture, while on the front you get a 5MP front shooter with ƒ / 2.0 aperture for selfies & video calls. In terms of dimensions, it measures 140.4 x 70.1 x 8.35mm and weighs 137g. It comes with support for 4G LTE along with VoLTE. The phone is backed by a battery of 3000mAh.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A Specifications
- Display: 5.0 -inch 720p HD display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, 296 PPI
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 processor with Adreno 308 GPU
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD’
- OS: MIUI 9
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Main Camera: 13MP main rear camera, 5 lens, ƒ / 2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 5MP, ƒ / 2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 x 8.35 mm
- Weight: 137g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS / AGPS, GLONASS
- Battery: 3000mAh
Xiaomi Redmi 5A is available for sale in China in colour options such as Champagne Gold, Cherry Powder, Platinum Silver Gray; at a price of 599 Yuan which is the same price at which Redmi 4A was launched. In India, Redmi 4A is available at a price of Rs. 5,999 for the 2 GB RAM + 16 GB ROM variant. AT the moment, there is no information if the company plans to announce it in other countries such as India.