As expected, Xiaomi has launched its flagship device Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 for the Indian smartphone market. The company has announced only the 6GB RAM + 128 GB RAM variant for the Indian consumers and skipped the other variants with 8GB RAM or 64GB/256GB internal storage variant which were announced in China.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 sports a 6.0-inch Full HD+ 18:9 display with a resolution of 2160 × 1080 pixels (first generation Mi Mix came with a 17:9 Aspect ratio display) with negligible bezels on all sides except the bottom of the display and is powered by 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU along with 6GB of RAM. It comes with 128GB of internal storage and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) based operating system with MIUI 9 on top.
In terms of camera, Mi Mix 2 features a 12MP main rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor having f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording support and another 5 MP front shooter for selfies & video calls. The fingerprint sensor is located on the rear panel, just below the main rear camera.
In terms of dimensions, it measures 151.8x 75.5 ×7.7 mm and weighs 185 grams. The phone is backed by 3400 mAh battery along with support for Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Specifications
- Display: 6.0-inch Full HD+ 18:9 display with resolution of 2160 × 1080 pixels
- CPU: 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 128GB
- OS: Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Misc: Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor
- Main Camera: 12MP Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5MP, facial recognition, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 151.8x 75.5 ×7.7 mm
- Weight: 185g
- Connectivity: Global 4G LTE bands, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3400 mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is priced at Rs. 35,999 and will officially available both through online & offline channels with online channels include company’s own portal mi.com and Flipkart while offline channels include Mi Preferred Partners & Mi Homes during the 1st week of November.