The Xiaomi Mi 5 has officially been launched in China, just an hour before its official Global debut at the MWC 16 show in Barcelona.
The phone sports a 5.2 inch Full HD display and runs on MIUI 7 based on android 6.0 Marshmallow.
The Mi 5 is powered by a 64-bit quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, an Adreno 530 GPU and comes in three variants:
- 4GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage and a 2.15 GHz CPU
- 3GB RAM, 64GB of internal storage and a 2.15 GHz CPU
- 3GB RAM, 32 GB of internal storage and a 1.8 GHz CPU
The memory used in the phone is LPDDR4.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 has a 16 megapixel rear camera with Dual LED Flash, PDAF (Phase Detect Auto Focus), a Sony IMX298 sensor capable of recording 4K videos, and a 4 megapixel ultrapixel front camera. The phone is backed by a 3000 mAh battery, which supports Quick Charge 3.0. The Mi 5 has a full metal body and weighs 129g.
Mi 5 Specifications
- Display : 5.15 inch Full HD display with curved glass with 600 nits brightness
- CPU : Snapdragon 820 Quad-Core processor
- GPU : Adreno 530
- RAM & Storage : 3GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB (UFS 2.0) variant and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 128GB (UFS 2.0) Variant
- OS : Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- SIM : Dual SIM
- CAmera : 16 MP rear, with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording and 4 MP front with 2 um (micro m) pixel size
- Misc: Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 144.55 × 69.2 × 7.25 mm
- Weight: 129 gms
- Connectivity : 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery : 3,000 mAh (embedded)with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The device has a fingerprint scanner placed in the physical home button. Connectivity options on the phone include support for 4G LTE, VoLTE, NFC, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Infrared and USB Type-C.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 has been priced at 2699 Yuan for the 4GB RAM/128GB variant, 2299 Yuan for the 3GB RAM/64GB variant, and 1999 Yuan for the 3GB RAM/32GB variant in China.