Xiaomi has begun selling its powerbank and accessories for its devices on its own website in India.
Prior to this, the company was only selling the products on Flipkart, their exclusive online retail partner in the Country.
This isn’t actually a surprise, as Xiaomi’s VP of Product Management, Hugo Barra, has long been planning to open a web store in India, to sell their products, stating so in March 2014. The Company’s India Head, Manu Kumar Jain, had also mentioned this back in August 2014.
The products offered at Xiaomi’s Indian Website. (Mi India) are:
- Mi Powerbank – 5,200 for Rs. 599 and 10,400 mAh for Rs. 999
- Redmi Note Flip Case – Rs. 559
- Redmi Soft Gel Protective Case – Rs. 369
- Mi In-Ear HeadPhone – Rs. 799, and
- Mi In-Ear HeadPhones Basic – Rs. 500
It is worth noting that the Powerbanks have gone out of stock on Flipkart, which suggests that they could only be available from Mi India’s website exclusively, from now on.
Xiaomi could start selling its smartphones on its Mi.com eStore in India soon.