Vivo has just launched a new mid-range smartphone Vivo Z5 in China which features triple rear cameras and an in-display fingerprint sensor. Even though it matches slightly with Vivo Z1 Pro in terms of hardware specifications but it includes an in-display fingerprint sensor and features a smaller display.
Vivo Z5 sports a 6.38-inch Full HD+(2340×1080 pixels) 19.5:9 Super AMOLED display and is powered by Octa-Core Snapdragon 712 10nm Mobile Platform. It comes with 6GB / 8GB RAM and 64GB / 128GB / 256GB internal storage. The phone runs on Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 (Pie) operating system. It includes an In-display fingerprint sensor instead of a conventional fingerprint sensor on the rear panel.
In terms of camera, it features a triple camera module at rear consisting of 48MP primary sensor having f/1.79 aperture + 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, f/2.2 aperture and a 2MP depth sensor having f/2.4 aperture. On the front, there is a 32MP snapper with f/2.0 aperture for selfies & video calls.
The phone is backed by a big 4500mAh battery which also comes with 22.5w fast-charging power adapter.
Vivo Z5 specifications
- 6.38-inch Full HD+(2340×1080 pixels) 19.5:9 Super AMOLED screen
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 712 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Dual SIM, 3.5mm audio jack
- Funtouch OS 9.1 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Rear Camera: 48MP, f/1.79 aperture + 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP depth-sensing camera, f/2.4 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 159.53×75.23×8.13mm
- Weight: 187g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 22.5w fast charging
Vivo Z5 Price and Availability?
Vivo Z5 will be available in colour options such as Black, Blue and Aurora Blue. The phone is priced at 1598 yuan (~US$230 / Rs.16,000) for the 6GB RAM + 64GB storage variant while it costs 1898 yuan (~US$275 / Rs.19,000) for the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage variant and 1998 yuan (~US$290 / Rs.20,000) for the 6GB RAM + 256GB storage variant. There is another variant with 8GB RAM + 128GB storage that costs 2298 Yuan (~US$335 / Rs.23,000). It can be pre-ordered from August 1st and goes on sale from August 6th in China.