After months of speculation and loads of rumors / leak, Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ is finally official. We can easily say that both these flagship devices i.e. Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ were worst kept secrets ever. With these two new flagship devices, Samsung is expecting to turn the tide back in its favor after Note 7 fiasco by offering a brand new design, new features and new services to experience the world.
The two new devices i.e. 5.8-inch Galaxy S8 and 6.2-inch Galaxy S8+ come with the Infinity Display and bezel-less design form a smooth, continuous surface with no buttons or harsh angles with a truly immersive viewing experience without distractions and makes multi-tasking more convenient.The design tries to make comfortable one-handed operation and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on both the front and back for durability and a high-quality finish.
In addition to the new design innovations, Samsung continues to deliver cutting-edge technology including an advanced camera, enhanced performance and more to the devices that users love, including:
- Premium Camera: The Galaxy S8 and S8+ are equipped with an advanced 8 MP F1.7 Smart auto-focus front camera and 12 MP F1.7 Dual Pixel rear camera for the best low-light, zoom and anti-blur photos with enhanced image processing.
- Powerful Performance: Galaxy S8 and S8+ feature first 10nm processor, enabling heightened speed and efficiency. It is also gigabit LTE and gigabit Wi-Fi ready with support for up to 1 Gbps so users can quickly download files, regardless of the file size.
- Galaxy S8 and S8+ are world’s first mobile device certified by the UHD Alliance as MOBILE HDR PREMIUMTM, which let you see the same vibrant colors and contrasts that the filmmakers intended while watching your favorite shows. They include Game Pack, featuring top game titles, including select titles supported by the Vulkan API
- Galaxy S8 and S8+ are built on Samsung Knox, a defense-grade security platform. In addition, the Galaxy S8 and S8+ offer biometric technologies including a fingerprint scanner, iris scanner and facial recognition.
The Galaxy S8 and S8+ will also come with:
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- MicroSD support up to 256GB
- Always-on display
- Fast and wireless charging capabilities
Galaxy S8 and S8+ will be available starting on April 21, and will be offered in a rich color palette including Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Arctic Silver, Coral Blue and Maple Gold.