The Samsung Galaxy A9 has just been launched in India. This is the World’s first phone with 4 rear cameras.
The device’s design does match previous leaks, that we have reported. The Galaxy A9’s cameras in order from top to bottom are an Ultra wide lens, a telephoto lens, the primary camera, and a depth sensor.
The ultra wide lens is a 120° 8MP camera with an f/2.4 aperture. The telephoto lens is a 10MP camera that supports 2x optical zoom and has an f/2.4 aperture. The Galaxy A9’s primary snapper is a 24MP sensor which has an f/1.7 aperture. The depth sensor on the back is a 5 MP camera with an f/2.2 aperture. The device does have an LED Flash to accompany the cameras.
Also on the back panel, is a fingerprint scanner for unlocking the device securely. The front camera on the phone is an 24MP camera with an f/1.7 aperture.
Despite the impressive optics, the Galaxy A9 does not support OIS (Optical Image Stabilization). The phone is equipped with a 6.3-inch Full HD+ Infinity display, with an 18:9 aspect ratio. The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor with 6GB of RAM.
The phone has 128GB of internal storage, and a dedicated microSD card slot which supports up to 512GB of expandable memory. So, you can use Dual SIM cards and a microSD card at the same time. The Galaxy A9 includes Samsung’s Bixby voice assistant.
The Samsung Galaxy A9 is backed by a 3,720 mAh battery which supports Quick Charge 2.0 over USB Type-C. Thankfully the phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack and also supports Dolby Atmos audio.
Samsung Galaxy A9 tech specs
- Display: 6.28-inch Full HD+ 2220 × 1080 pixels Super AMOLED
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB + up to 512GB via microSD
- Rear Cameras: 24MP f/1.7 (primary), 5MP f/2.2 (depth), 8MP f/2.4 (ultra-wide), 10MP f/2.4 (zoom), LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 24MP, f/1.7 aperture
- Battery: 3,720 mAh + Quick Charge 2.0
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano SIM 1 + Nano SIM 2 + MicroSD) Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80 MIMO, Bluetooth v5.0, Usb Type C 2.0, GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo
- Audio: 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Dolby Atmos
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 77.0 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 183g
Samsung Galaxy A9 Price in India
The Samsung Galaxy A9 has been priced at Rs. 36,990 in India for the 6GB RAM variant, while the 8GB RAM variant will retail for Rs. 39,990. The phone will be sold on Samsung’s eStore, Flipkart, Amazon and PayTM, from 28th November.