Thanks to Chainfire, we can now have Root acess to recently released Samsung Galaxy S III. The method of rooting involves installing or flashing the ClockWorkMod Recovery first using Odin and then rooting it using SuperSU ( the Superuser access management tool).
Install / Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery
Follow the instructions below strictly without doing anything else or clicking something else which is not written below.
- Download Odin3-vX.X.zip file and extract it to a folder.
- Similarly Download and extract CF-SGS3-CWM-vX.X-vY.Y.zip file
- If you end up with a recovery.img file, you’ve extracted twice. You need to end up with a .tar file – don’t extract that one.
- Make sure that your phone is disconnected from your computer.
- Now Run Odin3-vX.X.exe and click the PDA button. Browse for CF-SGS3-CWM-vX.X-vY.Y.tar on your system and select it.
- Now start the phone in download mode by turning it off, then hold volume-down + home + power to boot. If it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button.
- After that connect the phone to your computer using the USB.
- – Make sure Repartition is NOT checked and click the Start button.
- Wait for the phone to reboot.
- – Done.
After installing ClockWorkMod Recovery, follow the steps below to root.
- Download the CWM-SuperSU-v0.89.zip file and save it on your Phone internal storage or external sdcard.
- Start your phone in recovery mode (turn off phone, then hold volume-up + home + power to boot – releasepower after one second).
- Select “install zip from sdcard”.
- Select “choose zip from sdcard” or “choose zip from internal sdcard” (depending on where you put the zip).
- Select the CWM-SuperSU-v0.89.zip file.
- Done !