Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is the nightmare that Samsung may wish to have never happened as it turned out to be a big fiasco thanks to burning or exploding devices resulting in total recall of Note 7 from the global markets. Yet, Samsung seems to have worked on bring the Galaxy Note 7 back in refurbished form by altering the battery capacity and willing to sell in certain markets. The first confirmation of Refurbished Galaxy Note 7 devices came from FCC where three variants of the Refurbished Galaxy Note 7 with model numbers SM-N935K, SM-N935L, and SM-N935S received FCC certification.
Today, one of these Refurbished Galaxy Note 7 models i.e. SM-N935S is spotted on Geekbench benchmarking portal (1, 2, via )indicating a possible public rollout of the devices sooner or later. Two instances are spotted on geekbench with first one being powered by 1.6 GHz Samsung Exynos 8890 while the second instance says 1.7 GHz Samsung Exynos 8895. Apart from the SOC chips, the refurbished Galaxy Note 7 comes with 4 GB of RAM and runs on Android 7.0 Nougat based operating system.
The phone scores 1939 under single core for both SOC chips, while it scores 6093 under multi core for Samsung Exynos 8890 SOC chip.
THe refurbished Galaxy Note 7 is rumored to come with a smaller battery of 3200 mAh instead of 3500 mAh in original Note 7 while rest of the technical specifications is expected to be same as that of Note 7. We have even seen alleged images of the refurbished Note 7, though Samsung had dismissed the rumors of selling the.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.7” Quad HD Dual edge Super AMOLED 2560 x 1440 (518ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Processor: Octa core (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad), 64 bit, 14 nm process or quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage: 64GB internal memory (UFS 2.0) + microSD up to 256GB)
- Rear Camera: 12 megapixels Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS, LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 megapixel f/1.7 aperture
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner and Iris Scanner
- Sensors: Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, HR Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, USB Type-C, GPS, Glonass, Beidou
Battery: 3,500mAh with fast charging (wired and wireless)
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 169g
- Other: IP68 water and dust resistance, S Pen stylus