The Nothing Phone 2 launch will be a global event. The news comes from Carl Pei, the co-founder of Nothing Tech, who gave an interview to Forbes.
The startup company debuted its first phone, the Nothing Phone 1 last year. It turned heads for its flashy design and customizable Glyph interface. The mobile also drew a lot of interest from users in the mid-range market for offering great specs at a reasonable price. Pei says that the company sold close to 750,000 units of the Nothing Phone 1.
That number may appear low, because the device was only available in India, the U.K and Europe. The Nothing Phone 1 was not available in North America. Pei pointed out that that Apple dominates the smartphone market in the U.S, and that there are few options for people looking for an alternative. But when given the chance to switch over from iOS to Android, people seemed to be interested in the Nothing Phone.
Nothing Phone 2 launch
So it is not surprising that the Nothing Phone 2 launch will happen worldwide, the device will be available in the U.S. The Nothing Phone 2 will pack a 4,700 mAh battery which is slightly bigger than the 4,500 mAh cell in the Phone 1. The report claims that the Phone 2 will offer 80% better performance over its predecessor.
Here’s a recap of the leaked Nothing Phone 2 specs. It’s worth noting that the battery is mentioned as 5000mAh, not 4700mAh, so the former could be the max capacity while the latter is the rated one.
Nothing Phone 2 specs
- Display: 6.55 FHD+ AMOLED, 120hz Refresh Rate, In display Fingerprint scanner
- Operating System: Nothing OS 1.5 based on Android 13
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 octa-core, 4nm process
- Memory: 8 GB/ 12 GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128 GB/ 256 GB UFS 3.1
- Main Cameras: 50MP OIS + MP + MP
- Design: LED Glyph Light, Back Glass, Frame Aluminium, Front Glass
- Audio: Stereo speakers, 2 microphones
- Battery: 5000 mAh Wireless charging
- Connectivity: Satellite, NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 5G