As expected, Nokia has just announced a entry-level smartphone Nokia 2 for global smartphone market at an event in Gurugram, India. In spite of being an entry-level smartphone, Nokia 2 comes with sleek frame of aluminium with Corning Gorilla Glass protection for display and polycarbonate back.
Nokia 2 sports 5.0-inch HD display (1280 x 720 pixels) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, powered by 1.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 212 Mobile Platform along with Adreno 304 GPU and 1GB of RAM. It comes with 8GB of internal storage and runs on stock Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) operating system upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo).
In terms of camera, it comes with 8MP autofocus main rear camera with LED Flash and a 5MP front-shooter for selfies & video calls. In terms of dimensions, it measures 143.5 x 71.3 x 9.30 mm which means it is 9.3 mm thick. The phone is backed by a 4100 mAh battery which the company claims to offer a full two days battery life.
Nokia 2 Specifications
- Display: 5.0-inch HD LTPS LCD In-Cell Touch display (1280 x 720 pixels) with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- CPU: 1.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 212 Mobile Platform + Adreno 304 GPU
- RAM: 1GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 8GB, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Misc: Dual SIM, Splash proof (IP52), FM Radio
- Camera: 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash + 5MP front-shooter
- Dimensions: 143.5 x 71.3 x 9.30 mm
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer (G-sensor), E-compass
- Battery: 4100mAh
Nokia 2 will be available in colour options such as Pewter Black, Pewter White and Copper Black. It is priced at a global price of 99 Euros (~US$ 115 / Rs. 7500) and will go on sale in mid-November. At the moment, the exact Indian pricing is not announced and we will know that when it becomes available in India in Mid November. We will update as and when it happens.