Motorola has launched the new mid-range second generation Moto Z2 Play smartphone. Moto Z2 Play sports a 5.5-inch 1080p Full HD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and is powered by 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 processor along with 3 GB / 4 GB of RAM. It comes with 64 GB / 32 GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage via microSD card up to 2 TB. The phone runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) based operating system.
In terms of camera, it packs a 12 MP main rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Laser Autofocus, f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording support and another 5 MP front shooter with f/2.2 aperture with dual-tone LED flash. It is backed by a 3,000 mAh battery along with support for fast charging which claims to charge the battery from 0 to 50% in just 20 minutes.
Moto Z2 Play Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch 1080p Full HD Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- CPU: 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 processor
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 4 GB / 3 GB
- Storage: 64 GB / 32 GB, expandable up to 2 TB with microSD
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Misc: Water repellent nano-coating, Fingerprint sensor, FM Radio
- Main Rear Camera: 12 MP with dual-tone LED flash, Dual-Pixel Autofocus, Laser Autofocus, f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 5 MP with f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 76.2 x 5.99 mm
- Weight: 145 gm
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi , Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- Battery: 3000 mAh with Turbocharging
The Moto Z2 Play is available in Brazil starting at R$ 1,999 (~US$ 620 or Rs. 40,00) for the 4 GB RAM+ 64 GB ROM variant and will rollout globally starting this month. In the U.S., Moto Z2 Play will be available exclusively on Verizon and will be available on Motorola.com later this summer for $499 USD (~Rs. 32,200).
Motorola India just tweeted that Moto Z2 Play is coming soon to India. The tweet also suggests that you can pre-book the phone in India starting June 8 from various offline stores.
— Motorola India (@motorolaindia) June 3, 2017
AT the moment, we have no official launch date available for India. But considering the pre-book starts just next week, the official launch is near. Stay tuned at Androidpure and we will keep you updated.