Motorola has officially launched the Moto Z Play at the IFA 2016 tech show in Berlin. The technical specifications of the device do match with the XT1635 TENAA leak, which we reported about earlier in the beginning on August.
The Moto Z Play sports a 5.5 inch Super AMOLED 1080p Full HD display, with a pixel density of 403 ppi. The device runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and is powered by an Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 clocked at 2.0 GHz, with 3GB of RAM and an Adreno 506 GPU.
The phone comes with 32GB of internal storage, and a microSD card slot which supports up to 2TB of expandable storage. The device comes in two variants based on the region, some models will have a Single SIM card slot and in some countries, the Moto Z Play will be available with Dual SIM card slots.
The Moto Z Play features a 16 Megapixel rear camera with laser auto-focus, Phase detection autofocus (PDAF), ƒ/2.0 aperture, Dual LED flash, 4X digital zoom, 4K video recording and Slow Motion video. The front camera on the device is a 5 Megapixel lens with an ƒ /2.2 aperture, Wide-Angle 85° lens, LED flash.
The physical home button of the Z Play houses a fingerprint scanner, while the bottom of the phone has a USB Type C port. The Moto Z Play is backed by a 3510 mAh battery, and supports Moto Mods just like the Moto Z and the Moto Z Force. Speaking of which, Lenovo introduced a new Moto Mod called the Hasselblad True Zoom Moto Mod, which as the name suggests is a camera extension from the German photgraphic equipment manufacturer.
The Hasselblad True Zoom Moto Mod features a Xenon Flash, and supports 10x optical zoom, snapping RAW images,
Moto Z Play Specifications
- Processor : 2.0- GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- Display : 5.5 inch Super AMOLED 1080p Full HD, 403 ppi
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- RAM : 3GB LPDDR3
- GPU: Adreno 506 GPU, 650 MHz
- Storage : 32GB internal storage + up to 2TB of expandable storage
- Rear Camera : 16 Megapixels, laser auto-focus, PDAF, ƒ/2.0 aperture, Dual LED flash, 4X digital zoom, 4K video recording, Slow Motion video
- Front Camera: 5 Megapixels, ƒ /2.2 aperture, Wide-Angle 85° lens, LED flash
- Battery : 3510 mAh
- Connectivity: Moto Mods connector, USB-C port, 3.5mm Audio, Nano-SIM (Dual-SIM in certain Countries), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, Wi-Fi, NFC, A-GPS,
- Audio: Front-ported earpiece/loudspeaker, 3 Mics
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Hall Effect, Magnetometer, Proximity, Audio monitor
- Dimension : 156.4 × 76.4 × 6.99 mm
- Weight : 165 g
The Moto Z Play has been priced at $449.99 for the unlocked version, and will be available globally beginning in September, and in the U.S in October. The Z Play will retail for 499€ in Europe. Verizon will carry a special Moto Z Play Droid Edition which will be available for $408 ($17/month) from September 8. The phone will be available in Black, Silver, Black Slate, White, Fine Gold and Sugar White colours.
The Hasselblad True Zoom has been priced at $299 ($249.99 USD and 299€ in Europe) and will be available globally in September.