Meizu has launched its 2016 flagship phone, the Meizu Pro 6, in China.
The phone sports a 5.2-inch 1080p Full HD Super AMOLED display, with a pixel density of 423 ppi, Corning Gorilla 3 glass and 3D Press. This enables the phone to register differences in the pressing force on the screen in real time, and deliver a corresponding preview result and hotkey functions. The device runs on Flyme 5 UI based on Android Marshmallow.
The Meizu Pro 6 is powered by a 10-core Helio X25 processor (ARM Cortex-A53 x 4 + A53 x 4 + A72 x 2)with 4GB RAM and a Mali T880 GPU.
The phone has a full metal body and is available in three colors: silver, gold, and black. Meizu says that the Pro 6 clocked an impressive score of 101757 points on Antutu benchmark.
The Pro 6 features a 21 megapixel rear camera, with laser assisted focus, 0.07s phase detection focus, 6-element lens, an ƒ/2.2 aperture, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 and a unique ring flash. The lens used in the phone is an IMX230 sensor, same as the one form its predecessor, the PRO 5. The selfie shutter on the device is a 5 megapixel front camera, with an ƒ/2.0 aperture, and a
The Meizu Pro 6 has a fingerprint Scanner which supports mTouch 2.1, a 0.2s response speed and 360° recognition angle, and a memory of 5 fingerprints.
The phone has a USB Type-C port which supports USB 3.1 with high speed transfers (up to 1 GB within 10 seconds). The device is backed by a 2560 mAh battery. The USB Type C cable supports mCharge 3.0 which enables the battery to be charged to 26% in just 10 minutes and 100% within an hour.
Meizu Pro 6 Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch Full HD 1080p Super AMOLED, 423 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 3D Press
- Operating System: Flyme 5 based on Android Marshmallow
- Processor: 10-core MediaTek Helio X25 (ARM Cortex-A53 1.4GHz x4 + A53 2.0GHz x4 + A72™ 2.5GHz x2)
- GPU: Mali-T880
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 32/64GB internal storage
- Fingerprint Scanner: Capacitive touch sensor, mTouch 2.1, 0.2s response speed and 360° recognition angle, 5 fingerprints
- Rear Camera: 21 megapixels, laser assisted focus, 0.07s phase detection focus, 6-element lens, ƒ/2.2 aperture, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, LED flash ring, IMX230 sensor
- Front camera: 5 megapixels,ƒ/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens
- SIM card: Dual Sim Card, Dual Standby
- Battery: 2560 mAh, mCharge 3.0 fast charging
- Connectivity: 2G GSM, 3G WCDMA, 4G LTE FDD/TDD, Wi-Fi, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Bluetooth, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, USB Type-C + USB 3.1
- Dimensions: 147.7 x 70.8 x 7.25 mm
- Weight: 160g
- Color: Gold, Gray and Silver
- Sensor: Hall magnetic sensor, Gravity sensor, IR proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor, Touch sensor, Digital compass, Barometer
The Meizu Pro 6 has been priced at 2499 Yuan for the 32GB variant, which is about Rs 25,700, and at 2799 Yuan for the the 64GB variant, which is about Rs 28,700