As expected, Meizu has just made Meizu M5s official at an event in China. Meizu M5s is an entry-level smartphone with Metal body and sports a 5.2-inch 720p HD 2.5D curved glass display, powered by 1.3 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor along with 3 GB of RAM. It comes with 16 GB / 32 GB internal storage along with support for expandable storage via microsd card upto 128 GB. It runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) based operating system with Flyme OS 6.0 on top.
In terms of camera, it comes with 13 MP main rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, Sony sensor and another 5 MP front-shooter for selfies with f/2.0 aperture. In terms of connectivity, it supports 4G LTE along with VOLTE. The phone is backed by a 3,000 mAh battery and comes with support for fast charging with 18W charger as rumored earlier.
Meizu M5s specifications
- Display : 5.2-inch 720p HD 2.5D curved glass display
- CPU: 1.3 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor
- GPU : Mali-T76
- RAM : 3 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage : 16 GB / 32 GB, expandable up to 128GB with microSD
- OS : Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Flyme OS 6.0
- Camera : 13 MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, Sony sensor and 5 MP front-shooter, f/2.0
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM, Fingerprint Sensor
- Dimensions: 148.2 x 72.5 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 143 gm
- Connectivity : 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / GLONASS
- Battery : 3000 mAh with fast charging
Meizu M5s is priced at 799 yuan (~US$ 116 / Rs. 7900) for the 16 GB variant and 999 yuan (US$ 145 / Rs. 10,000) for the 32GB variant. It will be available in color options of Rose Gold, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold and Star Gray. It goes on sale in China starting February 20th.