Le Eco has launched a new variant of the Le 1s budget superphone in India. The new phone is called the Letv Le 1s (Eco), and is being manufactured in the Country as part of the Make in India campaign.
The device shares almost every technical specification with its Chinese counterpart, apart from the price tag and the processor speed.
Unlike the 2.2 GHz Helio X10 Turbo MTK 6795T Octa Core used on the original Le 1S, the Le 1S Eco is powered by a slightly underclocked 1.8 GHz Helio X10 Octa Core chipset. Whether the company did so to cut a bit of production cost, or to reduce the heating issues, remains a mystery.
Le 1S Eco Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch 1080p FullHD, 403 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Operating System: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop withwith EUI 5.5
- Processor: 1.8GHz Helio X10 Octa Core
- GPU: PowerVR G6200
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB internal storage
- Sensor: Fingerprint Scanner (mirror surfaced), Compass, Magnetometer, Gravity Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, Infrared Sensor
- Design: Full Metal Unibody
- Main Camera: 13 MP rear camera, blue glass infrared filter, f/2.0 aperture, LED Flash
- Secondary camera: 5 MP front Camera wide-angle (85 degrees), f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 3000 mAh, Quick Charge
- SIM cards: Dual SIM (Micro + Nano) Dual Standby with Dual 4G Sim (LTE + LTE)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE (FDD) – 1800 (Band 3), 2100 (Band 1), 2600 (Band 7), (TDD) – B38/B39/B40/B41, 3G, Bluetooth 4.1, A-GPS, GLONASS, Wifi
- Ports: USB Type C
- Weight: 170 grams
- Dimensions: 74.2 x 151.1 x7.6 mm
- SAR Value: Head – 0.404 W/Kg, Body – 1.38 W/Kg
The Le 1s (Eco) has been priced at Rs. 9999 and will be available exclusively at Flipkart. As a bonus Le Eco is also offering something called its Supertainment package at Rs 10,899, which includes the phone + one-year content membership fee of Rs 900. Normally the package alone costs Rs 4900, so you get a discount of Rs 4000 when buying the phone and the content as a bundle.
This package includes two special services called Live and Le Vidi. The Le Eco Live allows users to watch TV channels on their phones, while Le Vidi lets users watch Indian movies available from Eros Now. Both services will be making their debut in May, and will be available for new users as well as existing users.
A third service, called LeEco music was announced in partnership with Hungama Music,and will be launched in the 3rd quarter of 2016.