MIUI is one of the most popular Android ROMs based on Android 2.3 & 4.0, featuring better experience and richer themes with features like an easy-to-navigate user interface, along with a highly customizable appearance. MIUI ports are available for variety of Android Phones but not every Phone. Thanks to fundoozzz and Team MAC, we can install a stable MIUI Gingerbread port based on CyanogenMod CM7.2 KANG on our LG P500 device. In this post, we will talk about how to install this MIUI Gingerbread port on LG P500.
Keep in mind, this is not a fully stable ROM but overall it works great without any major issues. Also, this ROM is still not a official project and hence no ETA is available on when any upgrade to this ROM will be available. Check out some of the screenshots that I took of my Phone after installing the MIUI GB Gingerbread port on my LG P500.
Download the latest beta for flashing.
Download UI-One Beta 4.zip BETA 4 -> Mediafire link :- here
Download UI-One Beta 3.zip BETA 4 -> Mediafire link: – here
Download ROM MIUI-GB Beta2-signed-signed.zip file -> Mediafire Link:- here
Install / Flash MIUI-GB ROM
Save the ROM file MIUI-GB Beta2-signed-signed.zip on your SD Card’s main folder for easy navigation since the recovery mode is tough to navigate with hard keys.
- Your phone must be rooted and you must have ClockworkMod or AmonRa Recovery installed on your smartphone to boot your phone into recovery Mode.
- After you boot in recovery mode, use your Volume key at right side of phone to scroll up and down. You need to clear few settings before you can flash to your phone to the new ROM.
- Clear User Data/factory reset>> Clear/wipe Cache >> clear Dalvik Cache. Dalvik cache option comes under Advance Options of ClockworkMod and under Wipe in AmonRa recovery.
- After this choose install zip from sdcard option.
- Select the ROM (the same file that you just downloaded before) to flash/ install. Your new ROM will begin to install and may take few minutes to flash fully. Once its done, you will get the confirmation message.
- Once installed press the back button few times to go back to the main screen of Recovery. Choose reboot system now.
If you get stuck at the MIUI logo after the first reboot i.e. if the MIUI logo remains stuck even after 5-10 minutes, just pullout the battery & put it again and reboot your Phone. It should work after the reboot.
- Hardware Key Lights
- Settings still lag a bit (even after performance boost)
Android Market Force Close Error Solution
After installing the ROM, if you are unable to use Android Market App due the Force Close FC errors, just download the latest Google Playstore APK file 3.5.15 from XDA forum using the link here. After the install, just reboot and it will work.
Still Need More
- Flash Franco Kernel (it is not included by default due to lack of governors)
- Install Chainfire 3D from Android market or Play Store
The Neocore benchmark gave me a score of 50.2 FPS while using the default system settings of ROM.
Via: XDA MIUI thread