The Huawei Nova 4 has been launched in China. The device is the world’s 2nd phone to come with an in-screen camera, and the design tallies with what we have seen in prior leaks.
The selfie lens on the Nova 4 is a 25MP camera, with a Sony IMX 576 sensor. The phone is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 970 processor, with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. The Nova 4 does not have a microSD card slot.
The phone sports a 6.4-inches FullHD+ display, with a notchless design. The device runs on EMUI 9.0.1 which is based on Android 9 Pie.
There are 2 variants of the Huawei Nova 4, and the only difference is in the optics department. The lower-end Nova 4 variant of the two, is equipped with a 20MP rear camera with a Sony IMX586 sensor, a 16MP wide-angle lens, and a 2MP depth sensor.
The higher-end Huawei Nova 4 features a 48MP rear camera with a Sony IMX586 sensor, and the same 16MP wide-angle lens, and a 2MP depth sensor.
The Nova 4 has a rear-placed fingerprint scanner, and is backed by a 3750 mAh battery, which supports fast charging over USB Type-C. The Huawei Nova 4 has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Huawei Nova 4 Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.40-inch19.25:9 Full HD+ (2310 x 1080 pixels), 96% NTSC Color Gamut, 398 PPI
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 970
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128 GB ROM
- Battery: 3,750mAh battery with 18W fast charging (9V/2A)
- Selfie camera: 25-MP Sony IMX576, AI beautification
- Rear Camera: 20MP Sony IMX586 f/1.8 aperture + 16MP f/2.2 aperture + 2MP f/2.4 aperture/ 48MP Sony IMX586 f/1.8 aperture + 16MP f/2.2 aperture + 2MP f/2.4 aperture, 1.6 μm pixel size, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth 4.2 BLE, GPS, Glonass, Compass, AGPS, Dual SIM (NANO) Hybrid
- Dimensions: 75.1 × 7.77 x 157 mm
- Weight: 172g
Huawei Nova 4 price in China
The Huawei Nova 4 has been priced at 3099 RMB (about Rs. 35,000) in China for the 20MP camera variant, while the 48MP variant will retail for 3399 RMB (about Rs.35,000). The phone will be available in Red, Blue, White and Black colours.