HTC is back in the game, well not by itself, but through InOne Smart Technology, an official licensee. It’s just like HMD Global and Nokia.
Meet the HTC Wildfire X. This is a mid-range phone which is powered by an octa-core Mediatek Helio P22 processor which is clocked at 2.0 GHz. The device will be available in 2 variants: 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, and 4GB RAM with 64GB storage. It has a hybrid SIM tray which supports up to 256GB of expandable storage.
The Wildfire X sports a 6.22-inch HD+ IPS display with a water-drop notch, and an impressive 88% screen to body ratio. The phone runs on Android 9 Pie, and is equipped with a conventional rear-placed fingerprint scanner.
The phone has a “Mybuddy” feature which is sort of an emergency/panic button tool. It can be used to trigger a loud alarm, can record and transmit audio/video of surroundings in real time and also send your live location information to friends and family.
The camera department of the HTC Wildfire X seems good on paper, it has triple lenses with a 12MP primary camera with 1.25μm pixel size, an 8MP telephoto lens with 8x hybrid zoom and 2x Lossless Optical Zoom, and a 5MP depth sensor.
The selfie camera housed in the notch is an 8MP wide-angle lens with an 86° field-of-view. The phone is backed by a 3,300 mAh battery which supports 10W charging over a USB Type-C.
The HTC Wildfire X has a 3D OPVD mirror finish and a Hyper Optical patterned back which reflects light.
HTC Wildfire X Specs
- Display: 6.22-inch HD+ IPS waterdrop display with 88.8% screen to body ratio
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (Main, 1.25 μm) + 8 MP (8x hybrid Zoom) + 5 MP (Depth) triple cameras, 2x Lossless Optical Zoom, Dual LED Flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP Wide Angle (86)°
- Audio: 9.5V Digital PA. Dual Band Microphone
- Memory: 4GB DDR4x RAM + 128GB ROM / 3GB DDR4x RAM + 32GB ROM
256 GB Expandable Memory (Hybrid)
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Octa-core Mediatek Helio P22, 12 nm Process Node
- OS: Android 9 Pie
- Battery: 3300mAh (typ.) with AI technology, 10W Charging, USB Type -C
- Network: GSM: 850/900/1800/1900; WCDMA: 900/2100; LTE: B1/B3/B5/ B8/B40/B41; Dual Wi-Fi
- Sensors: Fingerprint, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74.9 x 7.95 mm
HTC Wildfire X price in India
The HTC Wildfire X has been priced at Rs. 9,999 for the 3GB RAM variant, while the 4GB model will retail for Rs. 12,999. The company says this is a limited time offer, so the price could be hiked at a later date. The phone will be available in Sapphire Blue colour, and sold exclusively via Flipkart.com from 22nd August.
In addition to the standard 1 year warranty, HTC is offering Prime Care for the phone which grants users 6 months of accidental and liquid damage protection, along with complimentary pickup and drop facility.
HTC Wildfire X Launch Offers
- Buyers can avail coupons worth Rs. 3750 using the MyVodafone/MyIdea app. The coupons are distributed as Rs. 75 x 50.
- To redeem the coupon, the buyer needs to recharge with Rs. 225 through the app.
- The offer also grants you an extra 0.5GB data/day for 18 months.