A new set of photos of the upcoming flagship product from Huawei’s subsidiary company, the Honor 8, was leaked on Weibo today. Surprisingly, the leak was deleted in a matter of minutes, but not before we could save the images.
Here are the real world photos of the Honor 8 (Click on images to enlarge).
Notice something odd with the device? Yes, we did too. Earlier leaks, which include a Honor 8 TENAA certification leak, pointed towards a full metal body for the phone. But according to the leak, it could have glass back. In fact it does look glossy and very similar to the OnePlus X’s back panel.
This fact is more striking, thanks to the fingerprint scanner, which not only is a different color, but appears to be metallic. The photos do match the ones we saw on TENAA, and so they do seem to be the real deal. You can see the dual cameras along with the laser focus and dual LED Flash on the top right corner of the phone.
Here is a brief recap of the Honor 8’s hardware.
Honor 8 Technical Specifications
- Display: 5.2 inch Full HD 1080p
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow EMUI 4.1
- Processor: 2.3 GHz octa-core Kirin 955
- GPU: Mali T880-MP4
- Memory: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB
- Rear Camera: 12 Megapixel dual lens, dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 Megapixels
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity:4G LTE, Wi-Fi , Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 2900 mAh, fast charging
- Dimensions: 145.5 × 71 × 7.45 mm
- Weight: 153g
Take the leak with a grain of salt, as we await the official launch of the Honor 8.