Asus launched Zenfone Max with 5000 mAh battery for Rs. 9,999 in January this year. You can read Androidpure’s review of Asus Zenfone Max here. Thanks to the huge battery, Zenfone Max became one of the popular smartphones under Rs. 10,000 for those consumers who preferred better battery life than any else.
Today Asus has announced upgraded Zenfone Max Z010D with an upgraded SOC chip i.e upgraded CPU and GPU along with latest version of Android i.e. Android 6.0 Marshmallow and double the internal storage capacity i.e 32 GB instead of 16 GB as in existing Zenfone Max.
The new upgraded Zenfone Max is powered by 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 with Adreno 405 GPU and 2GB/3GB RAM. It runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system with ZenUI on top. It comes with 32GB/64GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage via microsd cards.
A lower end variant with Snapdragon 410, 16GB storage and 2GB RAM is also available. The battery which is 5000 mAh doubles up a powerbank, allowing you to charge other phones with the new Zenfone Max.
We have been using the ASUS Zenfone Max as our primary driver for a few days, and just look at the battery backup. We easily got over 8 hours of Screen on time (SOT) with the device.
The best part here is, Asus is going to offer the base SD615 variant at the same price as the older one i.e. Rs. 9,999 only.
Upgraded Asus Zenfone Max Technical Specifications
- Display : 5.5 inch HD IPS with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- OS : Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- CPU : Quad-core 1.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 410/ Octa-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615
- GPU : Adreno 405
- RAM : 2GB/3GB LPDDR3
- Rear Camera : 13 MP Pixelmaster with laser auto-focus and dual-LED real tone flash (f/2.0 Aperture, 5-element Lens), 75 degree
- Front Camera: 5 MP Pixelmaster with f/2.0 aperture, 85 degree
- 32GB/64GB ROM + Micro SD Card support up to 64GB
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Dual Sim (LTE+ LTE), USB OTG Support
- Battery : 5000 mAh embedded
- Dimensions: 77.5 x 156 x 10.55 mm
- Weight: 202g
All other hardware specifications including design, build quality remains same as that of existing one. In fact if you hold the New and old Zenfone Max in your hand, you wont be able to tell the difference between them unless you power on the devices and start using them.
The ASUS Zenfone Max 2016 will come in four colours: Orange, Blue, Black, and White.
The ASUS Zenfone Max (ZC550KL) has been priced at Rs 8999 for the 16GB variant with 2GB RAM, Sd 410 and is available exclusively via Snapdeal. The variant with SD 615 and 32GB/2GB RAM has been priced at Rs 9999, while the Zenfone Max with 3GB RAM and 64GB storage will retail for Rs 12999. The latter two are available exclusively from Flipkart.